NEW YORK - DoubleTree by Hilton knows the "little things" mean everything when it comes to a memorable travel experience, which is why the hotel brand asked nearly 5,000 travelers through social media what "little things" would make their travel experiences brighter. Starting today, the fast-growing hotel brand is taking the feedback consumers shared and hitting the road for a year-round, 50-city pop-up event tour to deliver some of those "little things" they told us might make travel a little brighter. What's more, the brand will be "swarming" select cities while they're in town in a Little Things Project vehicle to deliver real-time "little things" requests the brand receives on Twitter.
"At DoubleTree by Hilton, we believe the little things mean everything when it comes to a great travel experience, and we are excited to bring customized 'little things' to people across the country based on the valuable feedback that travelers have given us," said John Greenleaf, vice president, brand marketing, DoubleTree by Hilton. "In the spirit of last summer's Cookie CAREavan Tour, the Little Things Project will allow us to continue bringing smiles to people's faces outside of our hotels- something our hotel staffs do every day."
Kicking off today in New York's Flatiron Plaza from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., the DoubleTree by Hilton Little Things Project is a traveling, pop-up event experience marked by the landmark "Tell Me Tree," an inviting respite in the city, that gives consumers a quick break from the weary world of travel. From May to November, Little Things Project events will deliver some of the "little things" travelers said would make their days better, such as:
- Local deals and offers to provide visitors and residents alike an exclusive bargain while they're traveling in the city - from restaurant discounts to shopping deals, from markdowns off your room service bill to site-seeing adventures. In each city, the Little Things Project will provide customized deals or perks relevant to the city they're in.
- The sweet treat of one of DoubleTree by Hilton's chocolate chip cookies - our brand's legendary icon for warm and welcoming service;
- Free WiFi for visitors to stay connected during their day, relaxing in our lounge to send an email or go online;
- A "power bar" where visitors can take a moment to "recharge" by powering their electronics before heading to their next destination;
- And DoubleTree by Hilton will continue to listen and deliver those "little things" event attendees are telling us would brighten their days as the tour makes its way from city to city.
In addition to the event experience, Little Things Project ambassadors will drive a "Swarm Car" throughout select cities on tour, asking travelers via Twitter what "little things" would make their day brighter and surprising lucky people by fulfilling their request. Caught in the rain and need an umbrella? Spilled coffee on your shirt and need a new one? Like a free cab ride to the airport? Consumers can tweet to @DoubleTree with their requests using #LittleThings for the Swarm Car to possibly turn their request into a reality because DoubleTree by Hilton understands that some days, a little thing can make a big difference.
Get the "Little Things"...OnlineThe Little Things Project may have 50 tour stops, but its presence is just as big online. People across the country can follow the journey, submit new "little things" requests, and become Hilton HHonorsTM members by visiting the DoubleTree by Hilton Facebook page. On Facebook, consumers can also enter the Little Things Project Sweepstakes to win instant prizes, such as tins of cookies, Hilton HHonorsTM points, and Sweet Dreams pillows. Weekly winners will receive 10,000 Hilton HHonorsTM points and a tin of cookies, and the grand prize winner will receive a $25,000 dream vacation getaway. Travelers can also get an inside peek at the tour stops through Instagram using #LittleThings, as well as get updates on the tour at www.twitter.com/doubletree and www.youtube.com/doubletreehotels.
The Origin of the Little Things ProjectSince January, the DoubleTree by Hilton Little Things Project has created conversations with travelers via Twitter and Facebook, asking what small perks would make their travel experience better. Based on responses from nearly 5,000 consumers - and counting - the DoubleTree by Hilton Little Things Project will provide the communities they visit with "little things" travelers told us they would like, from the brand's signature chocolate chip cookie to free WiFi and local deals specific to their towns. Travelers and the general public may visit each tour stop and enjoy these "little things" - or just take a moment to relax from the day's activities.
The concept of the DoubleTree by Hilton Little Things Project isn't new to the brand, which strives to deliver positive guest experiences 100% of the time at more than 300 hotel destinations in 25 countries worldwide. Last year, DoubleTree by Hilton launched the U.S. Cookie CAREavan Tour, a 10-week, 15,000-mile, 50-city journey, as part of a global Cookie CARE Campaign designed by DoubleTree by Hilton to share more than 250,000 of the brand's beloved chocolate chip cookies with the public at special events in major cities around the world.
* - No purchase necessary. Open to legal U.S. residents who are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18 years of age) and who are Hilton HHonorsTM members. The Promotion begins on May 7, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 17, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET The Promotion consists of twenty-eight (28) weekly entry periods that begin at 12:00 a.m. ET each Monday and end at 11:59 p.m. the following Sunday, except for the last Weekly Entry Period which begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 17, 2012. Void where prohibited. For complete details, including various weekly entry deadlines, see official rules at www.facebook.com/doubletree. Sponsor: Hilton Worldwide, Inc. 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102.
About DoubleTree By Hilton
With a fast-growing, global collection of more than 340 upscale hotels in gateway cities, metropolitan areas and vacation destinations across six continents, every little thing we do at DoubleTree by Hilton inspires us to create a rewarding experience for our hotel guests, our team members and the communities we proudly serve. Our hospitality begins with a warm chocolate chip cookie welcome upon arrival and continues with the award-winning Hilton HHonors guest loyalty program, an array of fine services and amenities and our longstanding CARE Culture tradition that empowers more than 65,000 team members to provide the special comforts and acts of kindness that make the traveler feel human again.
To make reservations at any DoubleTree by Hilton hotel, travelers may visit our brand website at www.doubletree.com. Social media users may connect with us at www.facebook.com/doubletree, www.twitter.com/doubletree and www.youtube.com/doubletreehotels. For the latest news, story starters and fact sheets about our brand, reporters and bloggers may visit our DoubleTree by Hilton Global Media Center at www.doubletreebyhiltonglobalmediacenter.com.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 93 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,900 hotels and timeshare properties, with 650,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.